Thursday, February 21, 2008
Blog 6
There is a flavored water called Sobe life water, which stemmed from Sobe energy drink that is becoming more and more popular everyday. They just recently started advertising it. They have a new commerial airing on television right now which is very entertaining. They have the logo of the sobo, which is a lizard representing the water in a lively way. As a matter of fact there is a whole gang of lizards taking over the scene along with super model Naiome Cambell. In this commercial they immatate a world renowned music video by Micheal Jackson, called "Thriller." To many people, this is very funny due to the fact that the famous coreography that was used in the video is being performed so well by little animated lizards. There aimed audience is probably no one in particular because all kinds of people of different cultures can enjoy the commercial. I believe the purpose of that advertisment is to persuade their audience that their water promotes life. Thus, the name of the water. In the Thriller video, many dead zombies came to life and danced around all night as if they were full of life. I guess Sobe is trying to relay that their drink may have such capability to that. I enjoyed watching this intriguing commerial. It really does often catch peoples eyes. I think that this ad will be a very successful one as far as getting results. I work at CVS as a cashier so I have been able to see how many people have been buying Sobe water from our store. I noticed that lately their sales have been going up rapidly. I was even curious myself to taste it, and when I did, I enjoyed it. Im glad I saw the advertisment.I cant wait to see thier next commercial!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That commercial is very effective in the way that it uses a famous song that has famous choreography to go along with it. I do think it's pretty interesting that the commercial came out around the same time that the 25th Anniversary Special Edition of the Thriller album is coming out, too. It seems like a lot of times commercials will probably get into special deals with a record label to promote an unknown artist or respark interest in an older artist around the same time that new material or reissues are being released.
-Dallas
Post a Comment